O’Brien Pharmacy is proud to have earned accreditation by the
Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board Since 2007
The PCAB Accreditation is the nation’s highest standard for quality and safety in
compounded medications. And accreditation requires a new survey every 3 years.
Established and endorsed by all major professional pharmacy organizations including:
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- United States Pharmacopeia
- American Pharmacists Association
- International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists
- American College of Apothecaries
- National Home Infusion Association
- Recommended by the American Medical Association
- Required by the American Veterinarian Association
Informed doctors and patients choose a compounding pharmacy that displays the PCAB Seal of Accreditation.
The PCAB Seal is only awarded after an extensive application process that includes documenting education, training and licensures. In addition, policies and procedures are reviewed for all aspects of equipment, materials, safety and quality control. Finally, the pharmacy must pass a comprehensive on-site inspection by a PCAB expert in U.S. Pharmacopeia standards and regulations. For more information visit www.pcab.org.