O'Brien Pharmacy is a FDA-inspected & FDA-compliant facility.

Earth-Friendly

What planet will your grandchildren live on?

c_Bldg ExtO’Brien Pharmacy, like any other business, produces and consumes.  But we are also taking steps to become more earth friendly.

First, we recycle.  We recycle catalogues and junk mail, much of our paper, and almost all of our glass and plastic.  Your package won’t be shipped looking like a high-end department store because we reuse 80% of the boxes and packing material that we receive.  This is the best way to recycle because it doesn’t even require re-manufacturing.  The other 20%?  We recycle.

Many of our lights have been converted to compact fluorescents that last longer, use less electricity and can be recycled.  Many lights are on dimmers, timers or just turned off to make use of the big bulb in the sky.

We chose linoleum over vinyl flooring because it is made from flax oil, cork, wood, limestone and other natural materials.

Our out-dated and broken office equipment is taken to one of several outlets that offer a recycle program.  There is a small fee, but it is way cheaper than moving to the next solar system.

Heating and cooling is provided by heat pumps that also make use of outside air when conditions permit, and are powered down when people go home.

We use a natural lawn care program that keeps harmful pesticides and herbicides out of our waterways, our animals and our families.

Finally, the things we do buy, sell, use and consume are viewed in a different kind of light:  How long will it last?  Can it be recycled?  Is the manufacturer kind to the planet?

While we still have a long way to go and many people are way ahead, but every journey begins with a single step.

Main Navigation